Monday, August 14, 2006

Turkey on a Stick

So I'm in MN right now, thought I'd update my blog. I'm chilling at my boo's while he takes the dog for a walk. We've had a great time!! I got in real late Wed night. Luckily I got out before all the airport drama that took place. Thurs we got so much stuff done. It was a very productive day and a good time! I got to see my apartment up close and personal. I took a bunch of pictures but forgot to download them, so I'll add them at a later date. It's a nice apartment and it's in a good spot. I wish it were a tiny bit closer to my boo, but it's only about 8 miles away. But it's 8 miles down a county highway that is a 2 lane road, so we'll see how that goes. But it's a good looking apartment and I have an attached garage which is nice. And the bathroom is huge! I'm excited about that!! Thursday night we met up with my boo's boss and her boyfriend and went to a Mexican food place that was very good. And then we went and listened to some live jazz music at a place called the Artist's Quarter, owned and operated by local jazz musicians. It was nice to sit and chill and listen to good music.

Friday we did some shopping at the Mall of America and killed some time before picking up Kristen. Then that night we went out with our boy Damon from DSM. We ate at Famous Dave's at Calhoun Square and then went up to this bar upstairs called the Independent. We had a good time but DAMN we were out late. I'm not a partier. I like to people watch, but even that gets kind of old after a while with just a diet Pepsi. But those two like to party!! I'm a lightweight and can't hang! I need to stay on the porch with the other pups. I don't roll with those big dogs, so I was tired come about midnight but we were still going. Still out. Still partying. Still hanging. Still still still til freaking 2:30. Then we walked our tired and their drunk butts back to Damon's then drove home. Damon lives in Uppertown in Minneapolis. My boo lives in Woodbury. That late at night it was just a 20 minute drive, so we made it home at 3. And I was tired!! Knocked out the minute my head hit my boo's shoulder. I was tired all of Saturday, too cause we stayed out so late. We had a late breakfast Sat morning and then chilled for a while then went to the Mall of America with Kristen. Did some shopping, a lot of walking, then picked up a rental car to drive to IA. Sat night we were gonna hang out with Damon again, but I was too damn tired and listless and lazy and just blah. So after we had dinner at 8:30 I was too tired to do anything so we didn't really do anything. Around 11 we talked to Damon and he was just chilling too so we stayed home. But that was good cause we had to be up early Sun morning to drive to IA.

We made it down to Des Moines for the IA state fair around noon. That was a good time, but very wet and rainy after about the first hour it started pouring. We went to see Train in concert and to see some friends from our old job. We had some good fair food... Turkey on a stick, beef on a stick, some Chinese fair food and some local dairyman's ice cream. YUM!! It was raining off and on the rest of the time we were there, but we had a couple brave souls in our group who flagged down a poncho man and got all 7 of us some ponchos so we could brave the weather in search of food. We have pictures of that, too, 7 stay puff marshmallows. We were sexy!!!

We got back at a pretty decent hour last night and watched Inside Man. We want to go see Talladega Nights today before I leave. We were going to go see it earlier during the trip but I was being so lazy and wouldn't let my boo get out of bed with me so we didn't ever make it to the show. We're going to try to make it today. But so far, I haven't made it out of the bed yet, so we'll see...

No comments: