Friday, September 08, 2006

I'm here! I made it!

Yay I made it!! By my calculations we spent a total of 32 hours in the car and/or getting gas. Kristen and I left Phoenix at 3:30 am Friday morning, to Flagstaff in about 2 hours 20 minutes - that's right, I'm a speed-demon. As evidenced by the fact that I was pulled over just outside of Flagstaff and got a freaking ticket. Apparently my tires are just so big they add 5-8 mph or something like turns out I really am a speed-demon. Anyway, it was a pretty uneventful drive up through Albuquerque and then it started raining and never stopped. Actually it might have stopped once or twice in the rest of the drive from NM to MN, but not for very long. We stayed overnight in some little town in CO, as it turns out we were about 1 mile away from a correctional facility. Nothing makes you feel safe like a correctional facility... all those guards and all... yeah...

Anyway, we got a pretty early start Sat morning and made it to Des Moines by about 6 and onto Woodbury by about 9:30. It was overall not a bad trip. A lot of time in the car but we had 2 iPods to rock out to so it was all good.

So the move in wasn't the best, but out of 4 moves cross country, I guess I can expect 1 to be bad. The apartment complex did not replace the carpet like they told me they would. They also did not replace all the appliances like I was told would happen. But they did give me a brand new washer and dryer and a new fridge, so that was good. The apartment itself is good. It just stunk when we walked in due to the fact that the former tenant was a smoker with pets. So it stunk. But they replaced the carpet on Tues and it has smelled much better ever since. I'm still not fully unpacked, or even close to it really. I couldn't unpack much before Tues because all the boxes were in the kitchen, bathroom, laundry room and the big apartment items were hanging out in the garage or the kitchen. So finally on Tues I got to unpack more than just the kitchen stuff.

This weekend Dave and I are going to really get into the unpacking and arranging and just getting it into a livable stage. Then it's errands, errands, errands, movie, movie, errands. This weekend I'll be able to get a new cell phone hopefully, get some apartment stuff I need cause I had to leave it in Phoenix, and we'll get some groceries to start making meals for dinner and having some to take for lunch. I have to start saving some money, so if I can scrimp on eating out that will be good.

Well that's about that. I'm doing good, happy to finally be here, and I've had a great time hanging out with my baby daddy.

Thanks again to Michele and Kristen and Damon for helping me and Dave get my stuff moved in!!

No comments: