Sunday, July 30, 2006

D-D-D-D-D-Dora!!

So my niece loves Dora. She's a year and a half and LOVES Dora. She loves to watch her, sings along, dances, says the words in Spanish that Dora says and just loves everything about Dora. So I decided to make her a Dora quilt. This was my first actual real quilt that I did without my mama. But I did have a woman at work help me with it. She is big into making quilts and had been telling me all about a quilt she was doing for her new grandson being born, and that is what started this whole thing. She was showing me the basics of her quilt and I thought how cute it would be to make my niece a Dora quilt. So I put that idea out to her and she immediately offered to help me. So my Dora quilt idea was born. That was in May. I've been working on it off and on when we'd be available since then, but this week we really kicked it into overdrive. As you can see it's 98% finished. Just needs to be tied and that's that!

I'm trying to surprise my sister-in-law with it. I've been sneaking around to sew this week and I've teased her a little bit about what I've been doing. Mainly telling her it's a surprise, it's good, she'll like it, etc but not actually giving anything away at all. So I'm going to show it to her today. I stayed home from church with my nephew who isn't feeling well and while she's gone I'm going to put it on her bed so when she comes home there it is. Hopefully I'll be able to capture her reaction on camera. Cause that would just be fun for me.

Anyway, I'm just so pleased with how it turned out. It really couldn't have been any better. I just hope my niece will learn to like covers. As it turns out currently she hates them and never sleeps with a blanket!! Hopefully she'll learn to like blankets before she outgrows Dora!

1 comment: