Friday, December 04, 2009

The Gift of Giving...

Thanksgiving was a blast. We had a really good time hanging out with my sister, getting the T-day dinner ready, hanging out with my parents, and then on Friday getting to visit with some cousins and extended family that we haven't seen for a long long time. My mom wasn't feeling too good on Friday, so she wasn't able to hang out with everyone, and so we only got to see her on Thurs, but it was good quality time with her. And on a random sidenote, whenever I'm in Boise I always look around for people I know. Even though the chance of me really running into anyone is so slim, I just always kind of hope to see someone I know. Rarely do, but I'm always on the lookout.

And now Christmas is almost here, and I have no idea what to get anyone for gifts. Any random ideas out there in bloggerland? I don't like doing gift cards cause it's really impersonal, but when I can't think of anything personal then I default to gift cards. Sometimes I've done more homemade gifts like a few years ago I did a photo calendar and a fleece throw for Dave's family, but I can't keep making them throws :) and although I'm very picture-y, I don't know how many mugs people will want with pictures, or mouse pads, or photo books full of pictures of me :) and this last year I haven't been taking nearly as many pics as normal. Granted my camera did lose the most critical button, which is the picture taking button, but Dave has a perfectly good camera that I could be using, but rarely have. So the pic idea might be out cause it's not like I have taken a lot of new pics this year. And probably can only recycle the same old pics so many times :)

So I'm open to gift ideas.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Jeff was just showing me some great cakes on cakewrecks.blogspot.com
and I was thinking maybe you could make one of these special goodies for the in-laws. It will definitely be memorable! (Check it out, it's hilarious!!)

Sarah Beth??? said...

Thanks Heather, I'll check it out! It was really good seeing you guys! Maren is so dang cute.

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

I'm thinking the best and easiest gift for nieces and nephews is money. Just send them cash..... 20, 50, 100, whatever works lolll
I love that your gifts are always so personal.... you're awesome :) You could home made soaps or something like that... you can get kits for them at Micheals/Robers and other craft stores. In that section, there are other similar things to make, like candles... just an idea :) Love you Boo

Tara Werner said...

I know you said you don't really like the impersonal nature of gift cards, but for family, a gift card to a restaurant, especially their FAVORITE, might not be a bad idea. I know I always like restaurant cards because it's so expensive to eat out these days and it's a little incentive for a date!!

As for kids, I don't know. I have way too many nieces and nephews to even think about buying presents for all of them. My presence is good enough!!

Sarah Beth??? said...

Thanks gals for your suggestions!! I'll probably wind up doing the gift card or cash options, cause definitely easier for traveling! Love you all and thanks for the comments!! Stay warm this crazy snowy wintery week.