Saturday, August 04, 2007

I thought we were an autonomous collective ...

So Dave and I saw Spamalot last weekend, and it was hilarious!!! I'm so glad we were able to go. Dave got us tickets back in May, and we'd been looking for tickets since probably Oct or Nov of last year, and we were looking at various cities we'd be willing to travel to in order to see it, like Chicago, St. Louis, Vegas, etc. But tickets were outrageously priced!! Like over $200 per ticket. Then Dave surprises me in May with the news that the show was coming to St. Paul and tickets were much cheaper! Not to mention, Wells Fargo gets a pretty good discount through the Ordway Theater, and so we got the tickets for an even better deal. Anyway, we've been waiting for like 4 months to see this show, and it was very worth it!!

It stuck pretty close to the movie, but then there were other parts that were completely new to the musical. It was hilarious! And since our job has a good connection with the Ordway Theater, we were able to get great seats for less.

I've always been a fan of the movie but seeing the musical was even better! The only line I didn't hear that I was looking for, which is one of my favorites, was:

Come and see the violence inherent in the system.
Help, help, I'm being repressed!


Good times.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I really want to see this, unfortunately my other half isn't all that interested. I'm glad you two were able to see and enjoy it!